Bamboos include some of the fastest-growing plants in the world. This amazing plant grows in tropical and temperate environments and is very hardy. It is a wild grass and spreads from it’s roots. When it is cut it quickly grows back and matures. This makes it a sustainable and renewable material with extremely versatile daily uses such as construction, clothes, food and fuel.
- It is grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers
- It requires no artificial irrigation
- It can be harvested in 3-5 years, significantly faster compared to timber
- It sequesters carbon dioxide and produces 35% more oxygen that an equivalent stand of trees
- It is an excellent soil erosion inhibitor
- It’s production into fibers has lower environmental impact than other forms of fibre, especially synthetic ones that breaks down to micro plastic
- It contains a bio-agent “bamboo kun” that inhibits the growth of bacteria which makes bamboo naturally resistant to pests and fungi.
Bamboo is also one of the favored plants in Chinese culture, with it’s growth nodes (节) symbolizing integrity, uprightness, and its stem is hollow-hearted (虚心), meaning modesty. Countless literature works from ancient times sing praises for its elegance and qualities.
One would rather omit meat from his diet than omit bamboo from his life.
– Su Shi, Chinese writer, poet, painter, calligrapher, pharmacologist, gastronome, and a statesman, 1073 AD
Linen is a natural fibre made from the stalk of a flax plant. It is highly regarded as a quality fabric and a very durable fibre with many benefits:
- 30% stronger than cotton
- Environmentally friendly – less water and chemicals to cultivate compared to cotton
- Highly breathable and a high moisture absorbency
- Durable and structurally sound
Our linen pouches are all sterilised. It is not necessary to wash it (and in fact washing might cause shrinkage).
Connect with us for business and bulk ordering.